wrongkindofsith: (They were all out of lincoln green)
Cara ([personal profile] wrongkindofsith) wrote2015-04-05 12:24 am

A Suite at the Four Seasons Baltimore, Saturday Morning

Cara had had no interest in going on the camping trip, because frankly, choosing to go out into the wilderness without any of the luxuries they had in this place for fun was mad. Richard would probably love the idea.

Still, she could appreciate the impulse to get off the island, and when Surreal had shown up unexpectedly, she'd wasted very little time dragging her off deciding they needed to go on a trip of their own. Only she'd picked somewhere with running water, and beds, and electricity, and walls.

She looked around the rooms they'd gotten. "The view's pretty." Someone was never going to make it as a hotel critic.

[For she who is with her.]

[identity profile] harpy-daughter.livejournal.com 2015-04-04 03:22 pm (UTC)(link)
"Mmmm. Very pretty, sugar." SURREAL STOP CHECKING OUT YOUR GIRLFRIEND QUITE SO OBVIOUSLY.

She wandered into the room to poke at chairs and pillows and, yes, check out the actual view. "Think these windows open?" she asked idly, tapping at the glass. "I feel like we're up in the sky."

[identity profile] harpy-daughter.livejournal.com 2015-04-04 04:07 pm (UTC)(link)
"Aw, but what if we find an idiot and decide to help him fill his dream of flying?" Surreal pouted, a wicked gleam in her eyes. "It would be fun!"

Surreal, no. No picking up frat boys and tossing them out the window.

[identity profile] harpy-daughter.livejournal.com 2015-04-04 05:13 pm (UTC)(link)
"Spoilsport," she chuckled, tipping her head just slightly so that she could bop Cara. "I'd catch them before they hit the ground. Probably."

"But I don't want to make you find a new hotel, not when you went through all this trouble for little old me."

[identity profile] harpy-daughter.livejournal.com 2015-04-04 05:56 pm (UTC)(link)
"I did! Fluffy robes, steam rooms, and don't need a swimsuit like we do on the island," she laughed, slinging an arm around Cara's waist. "Think we'll leave the baths at all?"

[identity profile] harpy-daughter.livejournal.com 2015-04-04 06:35 pm (UTC)(link)
"Well, some activities are a bad idea if you've been in a steam room for hours and haven't eaten," Surreal capitulated, "--and you shouldn't fall asleep in one for too long. Still, I'm up for as much pampering as I can fit in a day."

[identity profile] harpy-daughter.livejournal.com 2015-04-04 09:09 pm (UTC)(link)
"Darkness," Surreal swore, rolling her eyes. "I'd swear our house mother is a sadist, but I've met Sadi. 'Smile more, Surreal,' my ass."

[identity profile] harpy-daughter.livejournal.com 2015-04-05 06:56 pm (UTC)(link)
"I can, and I do," she admitted with a grin. "A girl has to practice her killing cuts somehow, and dummies don't quite cut it."

[identity profile] harpy-daughter.livejournal.com 2015-04-05 10:33 pm (UTC)(link)
"See, that's what I said, but he got so grumpy after that last garroting attempt," Surreal sighed, shaking her head with mock-woe as she let herself get tugged, her grin widening. "You'd think he's be impressed that I got the drop on him, but no. Just bitching and moaning."

[identity profile] harpy-daughter.livejournal.com 2015-04-06 06:22 pm (UTC)(link)
"Pffft. He could kill me with both hands behind his back, but he won't because I'm adorable and Tersa would sulk," Surreal laughed, leaning in to steal a kiss. "But flattery is gonna get you everywhere, sugar."

[identity profile] harpy-daughter.livejournal.com 2015-04-06 08:15 pm (UTC)(link)
"Oh, good, 'cause I'm not gonna kick you out," she teased, pulling some of the Green into herself to boost her strength so she could try and literally sweep Cara off her feet.